When payments are declined by the merchant, this can be for a variety of individual reasons such as:
- a wrong indication of payment or incorrect card details
- unsuccessful address or name on card verification
- unsuccessful verification of the payment details
- insufficient funds to cover the payment (or any additional fees)
- non-conformity of the dispatch address and billing address
This decision is made exclusively by the merchant, or respectively his automatic risk management system.
If you wish to know the exact reasons for the rejection of your payment, please get in touch directly with the merchant or his respective payment processor.
If you are paying with contactless, please check this article.